MaDE2022: Auckland Unlimited Student Innovation Showcase
Happy Hour: Let’s all talk together – students, industry and academics
This pop-up, one hour exhibition, sponsored by Auckland Unlimited, provides students with the opportunity to explain their work through physical demonstrations, samples or exhibits; plus to strike up conversations with and gain feedback from industry, academics and fellow student delegates at MaDE2022.
ALL conference delegates MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED. This is a requirement and you will need proof of this in order to participate in MaDE2022.
MASKS, which may be mandatory, will be available at the registration desk or you could bring your own.
Guidelines for presenters
- ALL presenters MUST be registered to attend MaDE2022 by/before the Early Bird registration deadline – now extended to 24 December 2021.
- This Auckland Unlimited sponsored session will be a show-and-tell form of conversational presentation, with delegates mingling freely in the conference exhibition area.
- Students must bring their demonstration/sample/exhibit (e.g., 3D print/object, etc.) to MaDE2022 and set it up in the designated exhibition area.
- Set-up time is from 5.00 to 5.30pm on Tuesday 25 January 2022.
- Pack-down time is from 7.00pm, as dinner starts, and by 7.30pm latest on Tuesday 25 January 2022.
- Typically, the demonstrations/samples/exhibits will be small enough for students to bring with them to the event. They should be self-contained and should take no longer than 30 minutes to set up. Ideally they would just need to be placed on the table.
- There will be a single BEST Innovation Showcase Prize valued at $1,000 and three Highly Commended Prizes valued at $300 each. All prizes will be announced during the MaDE2022 Closing Ceremony on Wednesday 26 January 2022.
MaDE2022 WILL NOT GO AHEAD AS SCHEDULED
ON 25 - 26 JANUARY 2022
In response to the New Zealand government’s recent announcement that all of New Zealand will move to traffic light Red at 11.59pm 23 January 2022, the MaDE Conference Executive have met and confirmed that the MaDE2022 Conference will not go ahead as scheduled on Tuesday 25 - Wednesday 26 January 2022.
More information will be forthcoming, we thank you for your patience as we work through our options.